What emotions do you feel when getting ready for work in the morning? Happiness? Excitement? Anxiety? 40+ hours a week are dedicated to your company, giving you plenty of time to soak in the atmosphere around you. Vibes matters. But, I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. As a manager, director, or CEO, creating a positive atmosphere should always be top of mind. Here at Crescent Solutions, we’ve been blessed to receive recognition for being one of the Best Places to Work in LA by the LA Business Journal. What we’ve realized is that employees are happiest with their companies when they are:
- Paid fairly and given decent healthcare and benefits
- Encouraged to have a healthy work-life balance
- Feel that their professional growth is nurtured
- Have a clear vision of the company’s mission and objective
- Feel like there is open communication amongst departments, teams, and management
- Feel appreciated and recognized for their successes
- Work with people they like and respect
- Are treated like the adults that they are. Meaning they aren’t micro-managed and that their opinions and ideas are heard
- Feel that the goals of the company are in line with their own or at least support a good value system.
So ask yourself, how does your company measure up?